- Learning Center
- Therapy Tips
- Video Tutorials
- For Families
- ICE News
- About Us
Teaching Independence: A Therapeutic Approach to Stroke Rehabilitation (TI) — University Edition
Jan Davis demonstrates clear, concise step-by-step handling methods to improve functional mobility and self-care with actual stroke survivors requiring moderate and maximum assistance.
Teaching Independence provides the foundation for the therapeutic methods demonstrated in all of our programs.
More than 40 practice labs are included on Transfers, Self-Care, Preventing Shoulder Pain, Improving Function and Awareness, Standing Safely and Bed Positioning and Mobility.
- Examples of wheelchair transfers (bed, car, sofa and high hospital beds)
- Facilitation of trunk and limb control during bed mobility
- Methods to improve the functional potential of the involved side
- Tips to improve body mechanics
- Home exercises for stroke survivors
- Specific handling methods to prevent shoulder pain
The University Edition for Faculty includes:
- 3 DVDs of actual patient treatments
- Comprehensive Workbook and Faculty Guide
- Practice labs with step-by-step instructions
- Written assignments with answer sheet
- Competency exam
- Faculty earn 15 Contact Hours of CE credit